top of page

Informed Voting

How can I vote if I’m studying abroad?

If you are studying abroad, you must complete a Federal Post Card Application. Local election officials will confirm your eligibility, and add you to a list to receive absentee ballots for elections held during the year. You will be able to check your absentee voter registration status online. Here is more information on voting while abroad.

Do I have to change my driver’s license if I register to vote in a different state?

No, if the address on your driver’s license does not match the address with which you’ve registered to vote, you will need to confirm your place of residency. You may do so with your Camel ID.

Can I register in my both home state and college state?

No, you cannot vote in multiple states. It is a felony to register to vote in two locations.

So, in which state should I choose to register to vote?

There are many factors to weigh, including the margins of the last elections and if there is a governor or senate seat up for grabs. Voteology calculates and compares the statistical value of your vote at home and at school so that you can make an informed decision.

bottom of page